Senior Oracle Developer
Be part of something exciting and important and join as a Senior Oracle Developer. As part of the Energy, Utilities and Telecoms Business unit you will be joining fastest growing business unit. Do you want to be part of a vital programme for work in the UK? Do you want to take your career to the next level in a company that empowers its members to improve their skills? If so, please apply.
As a Oracle Java Developer you will be part of team working on the Smart Metering programme. A Critical piece of National Infrastructure with the aim of delivering Smart Meters to 26 million homes in the UK.
Your future duties and responsibilities
As a Senior Oracle Developer you will be working as part of a large team. Working alongside other experienced developers you will be expected to rapidly acquire the business and technical knowledge of the application to become productive. You will lead the team's design, implementation and verification of discrete packages of software, and will be building innovative solutions to challenging and unique problems. You will be expected to take responsibility for your solutions through the full life-cycle and assist others with complex issues in new areas. You will be able to assimilate complex technical concepts rapidly and also communicate them clearly to many stakeholders. You will be expected to estimate accurately and deliver your work on time and to a high quality, and take responsibility for any necessary documentation for production and release teams. You must be prepared to be flexible and adaptable, and be prepared to advise, share knowledge and take responsibility for the technical delivery of any assigned developers.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
* Extensive experience of Oracle SQL (ideally Oracle 12c) and PL/SQL
* Expertise with writing and optimising stored procedures and query performance
* Expertise reviewing work, creating work packages and managing the technical delivery of a team
* Demonstrable track record in working on databases where performance is the key
* Thorough understanding of the full development project lifecycle and methodologies used
* Strong design and architecture skills
* Supporting, build release and deployments
* Proven analysis and problem-solving skills
* Implementing and supporting the requirements from the sponsoring team consistent with the existing architecture
* Designing and implementing new business logic / reports as SQL inside stored procedures within the existing system / reporting framework, as well as enhancing and maintaining existing functionality
* Unix Scripting
* Experience of Oracle partitions
* Very high level of motivation
* Strong communication skills
* Needs to be an excellent team player and able to work precisely and to high quality. This is for a large Programme with tight timescales, so must be prepared to be flexible and adaptable. Must be prepared to advise, share knowledge and take responsibility for the technical delivery of any assigned developers. This will suit a proactive individual with a committed attitude.