Business Systems Analyst
Ensures business systems are efficient and operating in supported environments
* Proactively reviews the business operations for ongoing process improvements
* Works with process owners to document detailed business requirements
* Coordinates with IT, consultants and process owners to validate solutions
* Analyses processes and dependencies across integrated software applications
* Prepares functional documents and technical specifications, RFP's, RFI's, etc.
* Recommends new functionality, middleware for ERP, CRM and related applications
* Proposes solutions to improve productivity and or save operating capital
* Drives development, acceptance testing and subsequent promotion of changes
* Prioritizes projects and various change requests in conjunction with management
* Coordinates upgrades and data integration efforts with the HRIS users
* Develops SQL Queries and Smart Views with SQL reporting services
* Participates in the back-end maintenance of SQL based applications as needed
* Supports point of sale systems and credit card devices for retail operations
* Utilizes Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to present analysis
* Implements Cross-Functional strategy and methods to solve systems issues
* Evaluates new functional requests, business impacts and recommends solutions
* Works with Quality and Safety teams to ensure process meets all requirements
* Coordinates with Infrastructure and Help Desk teams to ensure project readiness
* Participates in the Business Continuity Planning design and implementation
* Attends and participates in regular planning and staff meetings
* Liaison with process owners, application support, end users and customers
* Assists the Help Desk in problem resolution for corporate applications
* Works closely and assists the Business Systems Manager
* May be required to travel to various office branches as needed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/CORE COMPETENCIES: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual requires in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Please note that the minimum qualifications may vary based upon the department size and/or geographic location.
* Driven professional attitude, enthusiastic, self-reliant
* Self-motivated, responsible and reliable
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to drive projects from concept to completion
* Negotiating skills
* Strong sense of ownership of issues
* Understands the value of human capital
The ideal candidate will have experience with any combination of the following:
* Experience with a major ERP system and ……solutions Epicor BisTrack and Microsoft Dynamics GP in a Terminal Server environment
* Databases such as Microsoft SQL Server 2014
* Nesting applications such as SigmaNEST
* Customer Relationship Management (CRM) such as Salesforce
* HRIS applications such as Ascentis
* Medium to large scale ERP/CRM/HRIS application experience
* Experience in the metals industry, supply chain, distribution or retail sales environments
* Experience working across multiple geographic locations using video conferencing
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers; manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects, and operating office equipment. Job functions are typically conducted in an office setting; however, this position may require working in warehouse and other locations which are less temperature controlled.
Must wear (PPE) personal protective equipment when required. Including safety shoes and work helmets, safety vests, etc. Minimal lifting is required; however, this position will not require any employee to lift more than 50 pounds without assistance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered low to moderate.