The Database Engineer will be part of the infrastructure team to support database and middle-ware.
Role & Responsibilities
* Provide technical support, advice and implementation of database platform solutions to application development group
* Ensure compliance with IT security standards, policies and procedures for database implementation and operation
* Perform regular database re-organization and maintenance to ensure optimum operation of databases
* Provision and design database with HA and DR capability that meet business SLA
* Perform database patching and upgrades
* Monitor and tune database performance
* Respond to database related issues and troubleshoot until resolution
* Script and automate database workflows and processes.
* Engineer solutions from the database platform to serve business needs
* Evaluate and implement database platform technologies to provide new capability
* Expect to work on weekends as required and provide rotational standby duties
Skills & Qualifications
* A good degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent.
* 2 - 7 years of relevant working experience in database administration or database design.
* Working knowledge as Database Administrator in Oracle 11g, 12c and SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2017 Technical knowledge on Database PaaS solution on Public Cloud (AWS, MS Azure)
* Experience on setting up data platforms solution for Microservices, Containers or any other Cloud native architecture will be an added advantage
* A good team player who thrives in a dynamic environment and is willing to learn new technologies
* Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
* Eligibility for CAT-1 clearance is mandatory
Should you be interested, please send your updated CV in Word format to j.ho@washingtonfrank or drop your CV below. EA License Number : 11C3017
EA Personnel Number: R1983255