Location: Ohio, Remote
Job Summary: The Sr. Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist plays a critical role in driving forward the maturity of an enterprise BI solution. He/she is responsible for the architecture, development, and management of a business-critical data warehouse. He/she consults with business leadership and key internal partners (Sales, Operations, Finance, IT) to develop viable reporting solutions to address their needs. He/she will assess the business requirements, outline the technical specifications for various BI projects, and develop viable business intelligence solutions to address the needs of the client. They are responsible for validating data within reports, creating new custom reports & dashboards and modifying existing reports & dashboards as necessary.
Role and Responsibility:
* Collaborates with leadership and end-users to understand reporting & dashboard requirements.
* Develop scalable and maintainable BI applications to meet business objectives Maintain accurate and complete technical architectural documents.
* Define BI standards, guidelines and best practices for business groups and technical teams.
* Design and development of SQL based ETL tasks for migrating data from a source system to a target destination system.
* Creates or modifies custom reports using Power BI, SSRS, and other reporting tools to solve data & analysis needs.
* Support BI tools upgrades in development, testing and documentation Perform maintenance and troubleshooting activities for BI tools Diagnose and resolve BI tool capacity issues.
* Recommend strategies to improve the performance and capacity of BI tools Address customer queries and issues in a timely manner.
* Provide BI administration and technical support during weekends, after-hours and holidays when needed Provide technical training on BI tools and data Collaborate with BI Administrators, Developers and Analysts for successful development of BI reporting and analysis solutions.
* Work with business groups and technical teams to develop and maintain data warehouse platform for BI reporting.
* 10+ years of experience delivering business intelligence, data warehouse, and reporting solutions.
* 10+ years of experience with OLTP and OLAP database models Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
* Data mining and analysis experience/
* Experience with translating data into trends Knowledge and understanding of data warehousing & ETL tools.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Fluent in a relational database and flat file processing concepts.
* Strong presentation and collaboration skills and can communicate all aspects of the job requirements, including the creation of formal documentation.
* Technical writing skills and the ability to produce and maintain technical and training documentation.
* Outstanding teamwork & communication skills (verbal & written).
* Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
* Experience in the following preferred:
* Experience Microsoft SQL and related tools (SSRS, SSIS)
* Strong development experience with ETL tools such as SSIS, Talend, & Datastage
* Strong report development skills using Power BI, SSRS Experience with business analytics preferably in a manufacturing environment Experience with ERP and other applications (Infor M3, Blue Planner)
For more information, please contact me at 267-297-4976 or email email@example.com
ERP Recruitment Experts