The role of the Financial Systems Specialist is to maintain and deliver on new system enhancements.
Working with market leading products and partners, the role will cover both projects & BAU
The role is a key part of an exciting transformation journey at this organisation and will play a part in the success of our move from one ERP to another.
Duties and responsibilities
* As part of the transformation between ERP, lead on ensuring Finance reporting requirements are met via Workday inbuilt reporting suite and dashboarding tools.
* To capture reporting requirements from Finance
* To create, test and deploy reports and dashboards to finance as per requirements
* To be involved in the bi-annual upgrade of the finance system, including regression testing, updating any internal system and training documentation
* Involved in system maintenance, including user role-based security and maintenance of data within the finance system
* To assist with identifying and implementing improvements to business processes
* To assist with making technical improvements or changes to deliver efficiencies
* Establish best practices for financial systems use and system guides/procedures for users
* Other ad hoc projects within Finance IT
Qualifications & Requirements
* Excellent experience in report creation in a Business Intelligence solution, including requirement gathering, UAT and deployment
* Demonstrate an understanding in finance
* First rate communication, inter-personal, and influencing skills
* Excellent critical thinking skills and attention to detail including the capacity to identify and appropriately assess and order competing interests and priorities.
* Highly IT literate and forward thinking when it comes to technology adoption
* Solid technical and analytical skills
* Methodical and thorough approach to investigation and solution of problems
* Outstanding people skills - able to assess staff skill levels and to delegate appropriately
* Self-motivated and wishing to make a difference, with a track record of achievements
* Knowledge and experience in supporting an ERP finance application
* A background of technical skills - Excel & Word