Reporting to the Finance Director.
The role involves assisting in all management and financial accounting aspects of the client. It encompasses all revenue, costs and the system's efficiency and effectiveness as a requirement for producing timely and accurate reporting on the business's financial status at any given time.
As the Financial Controller, you will be working with a Finance team to deliver a best-in-class accounting service to the business.
* Complete timely quarterly/monthly Management Accounts with commentary on key variances and recommendations to the FD.
* Assist in the production of Monthly Management KPIs to the Board of Directors.
* Analysis of Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) and Annual Recurring Gross Profit (ARGP).
* Review the Sales and Margins on a monthly basis.
* Analysis of P/L variances.
* Involved in the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes.
* Check that the finance team controls General Ledger, Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Cashbook and Fixed Assets.
* Balance Sheet reconciliations.
* Overseeing Purchase Ledger function.
* Reconciling and submitting quarterly VAT returns/EC sales lists.
* Managing the client's UK office contracts and costs.
* Managing cars on Contract Hire.
* Liaising with company auditors.
* Assisting with the integration of acquisitions onto the client's systems.
* Other administrative tasks as and when necessary.
The ideal candidate
* Qualified Accountant.
* 3 years post qualification experience in Industry.
* 1 years plus of experience in managing members of a Finance team.
* Advanced Excel skills, with the ability to interrogate large volumes of data, using pivot tables and V-Lookups.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Experience in compiling monthly Management packs and KPIs.
* Proven track record in implementing and improving IT finance systems.