The Data Specialist ensures optimal performance for P21 the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. Implements and evaluates applications that integrate with P21 through API's. Troubleshoots ERP-related issues and monitors ERP systems security. Installs new releases, system upgrades and patches as required. Will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of SQL Server databases ensuring the availability and consistent performance of the corporate applications. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
This position also supports Epicor P21 ERP application, Wireless Warehouse, WebQuery Reporting and other systems.
Reports to: IT Manager
* Support of systems including P21 ERP, Latitude Wireless Warehouse, WebQuery, EDI, SAGE and company Intranet
* Responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server systems.
* Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
* Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution.
* Collaborate with Business Analyst and various business units in organization to facilitate implementation of new or improved reporting processes and functions.
Education and Experience:
* Associates Degree in computer/information technology or equivalent work experience
* Knowledge of SQL databases.
* Experience supporting P21 or other ERP distribution systems.
* Experience in BI
* Self-starter (well-formed work ethic)
Compensation - Salaried
The IT Senior Data Specialist must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have the ability to handle several projects at the same time. The individual must be able to adapt to an ever changing environment.