The role of the Financial Systems Manager is to lead on system enhancements and finance process review and improvements. This role will play a pivotal link between Finance, IT and Project Team and therefore we are looking for someone with extensive experience in all aspects of large complex financial systems implementation and process / systems review.
Working with market leading products and partners, the role will cover both projects & BAU and will be a crucial player in working with both technology and finance teams internally and externally.
The role is a critical part of an exciting transformation journey for the client and will play a significant part in the success of our move from Microsoft GP to Workday.
Duties and responsibilities
* Act as a key member of the Finance Systems team, forging strong relationships with both the business and IT
* Help to build and design robust finance system processes (workday specific)
* Key member of the delivery team to implement Workday Financials across the business
* Manage and migrate finance data projects, including supporting the transition from Microsoft GP to Workday
* Manage robust interfaces between inhouse systems and Workday Financials
* Ensure the finance team have strong confidence in the delivery of finance system projects, upgrades and change as required
* Ensure the finance systems team are providing ongoing change, support and development across a number of areas, including but not limited to: Financial Accounting, Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Intercompany, Consolidations, Treasury, Tax, Security and Reporting
* To assist with identifying and implementing improvements to business processes
* To manage bi-annual upgrades, including regression testing and implementation of new functionality
* Establish best practices for financial systems use and system guides/procedures for users
* To work with 3rd parties and various external partners
* Deal with complex end user challenges on a frequent basis
Qualifications & Requirements
* 4+ years experienced Systems Accountant or Finance Systems Manager that has held a role within a reputable brand
* Played a key role within delivery of complex ERP system implementations, with focus on Finance (ideally Workday)
* Demonstrable experience of leading on data migration, user acceptance testing, integrations and process review
* A qualified Accountant, with any relevant qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc
● First rate communication, inter-personal, and influencing skills
● Excellent critical thinking skills and attention to detail including the capacity to identify and appropriately assess and order competing interests and priorities.
● Highly IT literate and forward thinking when it comes to technology adoption
● Solid technical and analytical skills
● Methodical and thorough approach to investigation and solution of problems
● Outstanding people skills - able to assess staff skill levels and to delegate appropriately
● Self-motivated and wishing to make a difference, with a track record of achievements
● Able to break down complex technical matters into easily understood concepts
* Experience with Workday
* Experience in consolidation and intercompany accounting
* A background of technical skills - Excel
The job is centred around two locations Durham (where the IT team is based) and Kenilworth (where the Finance team is based) the role could work from either location, but expect travel to the other location when needed