ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director of Customer Support will be leading an established team focused on all aspects of customer success including growth, retention, strategic vision, product adoption, customer and team satisfaction.
Reporting directly to the MD, you will work closely with the Board of Directors and leadership teams to manage the full customer life cycle and experience, in line with the client's vision, mission and values.
This is a Board Director level position, and the ideal candidate will have a combination of customer success management as well as experience managing support desk teams. Experience working in a subscription software/ARR-driven business is critical.
The role represents a significant opportunity to shape the customer support team in a time of rapid growth.
People & Performance
* P&L / Budgeting responsibility
* Resource planning for growth, including acquisitions.
* Clear and effective board, team, and team-level KPI reporting.
* Drive innovation in the development and deployment of systems and technology.
* End-to-end processes for the customer support team.
* Develop CSAT/NPS reporting systems and call-back processes for detractors.
* Work towards regular 'relationship surveys' to enhance richer NPS feedback data.
* Ensure meaningful response times are set and maintained.
* Developing channels including web and chat.
* Load balancing resources to maintain efficiency.
* Cross-training to ensure utilisation is maximised.
* Performance management of resources.
* Recruitment process.
* Coaching of managers, team leaders and support consultants.
* Feedback processes.
* Rotas and holiday approval.
* Continuous improvement of the service methodologies.
* Support maximising opportunities in the customer base.
* Contribute to service materials to present the team's capabilities.
* Setting quarterly objectives and reviewing them.
* Annual performance reviews.
* Professional and effective support handover processes.
* Management of relationships with key suppliers.
Contracts & Inflow
* Protecting the annual recurring revenues (ARR).
* Visibility and communication of at-risk customers.
* Complaints management and communication.
* New product or module introduction.
* Support the finance team with debt management.
* Ensuring the accuracy of the billing process.
* Standardisation of processes to be product independent.
* Introduction of tooling to support fast and accurate ticket triage.
* Inflow management and reduction using self-help channels and webinars.
* Monitoring 2nd cases, repeat tickets, and focusing on the root cause.
* Review SLAs, and contract terms and act as Gatekeeper for special contract terms.
* Aged ticket management, establish written procedures.
* Product issue coordination and communication.
* Develop and deliver customer onboarding, training, and ongoing support programs that align with the customer support strategy.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate delivering customer success initiatives, while also establishing and sustaining a strong customer success culture in a rapidly growing environment. You will have: -
* A track record of high achievement in a Customer Success / Support leadership role ideally in a SaaS company, experienced with ERP and Accounting software customers preferred but not essential.
* 10+ years of business experience. Can demonstrate business acumen, in high technology and subscription-based software settings.
* Experience working with senior (C-Level) executives and within cross-functional teams.
* 5+ years managing customer support teams.
* Demonstrate experience in key success metrics including retention of revenue, expansion of revenue and customer retention and satisfaction.
* We see the successful candidate to have behaviours, values, and skills in line with the client's values and ethos.