Sage 1000/X3 Support Consultant
The Client is one of Sage's top Resellers for the mid-market product range. We are looking for a customer-oriented and knowledgeable Sage 1000 and X3 professional to join our Support team.
* The role is to work within a Support team of 9 + a Manager. The team support the full and complex suite of Sage software products from Sage 50 to Intacct as well as various add-ons. This is a 1st line support role.
* To work within the Support team to provide turnkey and specialist guidance to clients and colleagues in the resolution of Sage 1000 and X3 applications (Financials, Distribution or Manufacturing) and technical queries in a professional, polite and helpful manner. Over the phone or via email
* To help answer the customer phone line along with colleagues
* To provide excellent customer service
* To ensure software knowledge is kept up to date
* To ensure the proper protection of any customer data in accordance with Company protocols
* To keep internal systems properly updated at all times as required by the organisation
* Record all support logs and related actions on the support database in a clear, understandable and accurate manner
* Keep the customer up to date with the progress of log investigation or resolution.
* Liaise with our suppliers where necessary to obtain the required information or assistance to aid the resolution of a log.
* Work in a team environment, sharing knowledge and information wherever appropriate to achieve the most efficient resolution to logs.
* Handle the escalation of logs to the Support Manager or a Director wherever appropriate and according to the escalation procedures laid out.
* On occasion, provide on-site support/consultancy services to the client base.
* A successful track record of supporting this application ideally with another reseller or internally at a user site
* Ideally hold current Sage X3 Manufacturing, Finance and Distribution accreditations
* Strong customer service ethos
* Quick and adaptable learner
* Developed communications skills - both internally and externally
* Flexible approach and willingness to work a "shift"
* Team player - able to work effectively within the team and share knowledge/best practice
Permanent role, subject to a 3-month probationary period.
Hours of Work
* 75 hours per week. 1-hour unpaid break each day.
* The shift hours of work for the Support team are either 7.45 am to 4.30 pm - early shift or 9.15 am to 6 pm - late shift.
* Discretionary paid early finish (one hour) each week (built into shift pattern).
* Either hybrid working with 60-40% split office-home if the employee is based locally. The office location is Fort Dunlop, Birmingham. Or working from home if the employee is not local. The expectation for employees based at home is once per month in the office with colleagues