Sr. Developer - Charlotte, NC
As the Sr. Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading the development of cutting-edge software solutions to optimize our business operations. In this role, your duties will include hiring, managing, and supervising junior software developers and vendor partners, analyzing software performance, configuring systems, and managing the deployment and integration of new software.
* Drive and activate improvements to current systems, the interconnectivity of data, and data structure that improve enterprise performance.
* Strong customer focus in all activities.
* Consult with management and stakeholders to determine software solution requirements.
* Evaluate software solutions and system performance and supervise the software development team.
* Recommend and implement new systems.
* Management of and growth of your team.
* Own project estimation and time lines.
* Lead vendor evaluation, vendor selection, and vendor management.
Skills and Qualifications plus bullets
* Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field is required, and a Master's degree or equivalent work experience is
* 10+ year's experience in engineering with the most recent 3-4 years as a Software Manager required.
* Strong Infor Experience (architecture, planning & implementations) required.
* Strong experience leading vendor evaluation, vendor selection, and vendor management required particularly for staff augmentation and software development outsourcing.
* Strong understanding and adherence to budget processes including variance analysis required.
* Strong understanding of the requirements gathering process and ownership of requirements evaluation required.
* Strong communication & presentation skills are required.
* A strong ability to participate in cross-departmental communication and the ability to translate customer and business needs into technology solutions is required.
* Flexibility to accommodate business pivots and changes to priorities is required
* Represent and delivering industry benchmarks and best practices is required
* Up to 25% travel is required
* Experience mentoring & or leading Jr.-Mid level Engineers required.
* Experience with Mongoose programming language is preferred.
* Architecture experience with other platforms is preferred.