In this department, you are going to get to forge a bond with them. Teamwork is critical and anything less is unacceptable. You will be working with a fun and family-like team.
Under general direction, the person in this position performs costing and financial analysis relating to the manufacturing operations. This includes gathering and verifying information, and when necessary, establishing costing processes, as well as auditing manufacturing variances, and providing commentary and corrective actions.
Role & Responsibilities
* Gathers manufacturing data to accurately cost finished products, work centers, routings, materials, and expense items
* Creates, updates, and maintains bills of material (BOM), routings, material costs, and overhead (O/H) rates both annually for the budget and for new products created within the planning period
* Supports costing and margin analysis efforts in new product development
* Manages and maintains costing and metric models for weekly tracking against Plan
* Identifies cost variances and opportunities, creating monthly reporting tools to highlight purchase price differences, efficiency, and yield variances across all products
* Provides analysis and corrective actions and tracking on product cost variances identified
* Generates and participates in cost improvement projects
* Continually challenges the current processes with the expectation of improving cost and efficiencies across the organization
* Develops reports and conducts presentations to internal audiences, such as floor managers, Controller, and members of Management
* Support annual budgeting processes and other reporting requests identified within the year to highlight issues and opportunities.
Skills & Qualifications
* Excellent communication skills: written and verbal
* Understanding of the functionality and use of an ERP system to manage cost and controls
* Preferred, but not required knowledge of Infor ERP modules
* Ability to organize and manage multiple high-priority responsibilities
* Ability to acclimate to ebb and flow of Manufacturing Environment
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to make independent decisions based on appropriate research and facts
* Strong understanding of modeling and margin analysis
* Proven ability to multi-task in administrative, analytic, and operational settings without sacrificing attention to detail, the accuracy of record-keeping, or overall productivity.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other financial software
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group situations, and other employees of the organization
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
* Competitive salary
* Vacation accrual up to 2 weeks after 6 months of employment
* Family environment and culture