The client is a leading software solutions company based in Leicester city centre are looking to recruit a proactive Channel Partner Manager, ideally with a background in IT/Technology and ERP sales to join their busy and expanding sales team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a tenacious, proactive and target-driven candidate to join a team of highly skilled and motivated employees. You will be promoting and selling a range of software solutions through accredited business partners. The role has a key focus, to work with our channel partners to find and qualify opportunities that will grow revenue for both The client and the partner.
As an IT Sales professional, we need you to keep our partners focused on our products and enable them to sell our products to their customers. The Partner will have an idea of what the product might do but you have to understand from scratch what their customers need to achieve and present the client's solutions accordingly. You will be commercial-minded with outstanding presentation skills and be able to demonstrate a successful track record of delivering sales growth.
In addition to this you will need to:
* Be organised and disciplined.
* Have an eagerness to learn and develop.
* Be able to understand the technology and also be confident in displaying, discussing and demonstrating software.
* Be able to sell face-to-face as well as through webinars.
* Be confident speaking at the director level, but also to technical consultants using and installing our software.
* Have a tenacious and hunter attitude.
It's not just knowing the technical details of what we are selling, you have to understand the bigger picture too and always have your objectives in mind. It's not just learning one thing you have to understand the whole environment, all the different ERP vendors we work with. You will need to learn and understand what they are about; who they are, and what's important to them.
* Achieve against a set of pre-agreed sales targets and KPIs on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
* Building a pipeline of opportunities and managing those opportunities to the point of close.
* Producing and actioning partner development plans.
* Running customer webinars.
* Attending face-to-face meetings with partners and their customers in the UK when required.
* Providing updates on new products.
* Work with partners to facilitate new opportunity generation.
* Delivering sales training to partners reinforcing the benefits the client can offer.
* Cross-sell to our existing users.
* Support channel partners on joint sales and marketing activities
* Accurate forecasting of anticipated sales.
* Build and maintain relationships with the partners across different job functions
* Support partners through the delivery of excellent customer service
* 3+ year B2B sales experience with an understanding of channel sales
* IT or ERP Sales/Account Management experience
* Self-starter with the flexibility to lead, manage or contribute to changing market and sales needs with tactics that respond well to partner needs
* Proven track record of achieving sales targets and KPI set
* Presentation and product demonstration experience either via webinar or face-to-face.
* Team player - able to communicate and work together with teams at various levels
* Articulate with excellent communication skills
Desirable (but not essential)
* Channel experience
If you enjoy the sales environment of a growing company, you'll like it here. We have been growing for the last 20 years. You will find there is a lot of flexibility around the way we work and we are all a friendly bunch - the kind you could go for a drink with.
* Salary £38,000 (OTE £53,000)
* 20 days standard holiday - plus bank holidays
* 12 Flexi-days (after the qualifying period)
* Company-contributed pension
* Death in service life cover, Critical illness cover and Income protection cover
* City centre location
* Free parking
* Bike-to-work scheme
* Company iPad
* Company mobile phone
* Home-based role if outside the Leicester area, attending the office once a week with travel expenses paid.